Sunday, February 15, 2009

My first Post (Long)

I just started my wedding blog, so this is going to be long. :) My fiance and I have decided to get married September. 4. 2010. So I have over a year to plan.
A little about me and my fiance, I am 22-years-old he is 32. We have 2 beautiful little boys together ages 2 and 9 months. We have been together going on 6 years and engaged for a little over 4.
The fiance picked out the wedding date which couldn't have been better for me since I love Fall. I love earth tone colors. So naturally my bridesmaid dresses are going to be Brown. The wedding is going to be outside and then the reception is in walking distance from where we are getting married. It is inside so if it is supposed to rain at least we will be dry in there. :) Here is a picture of my bouquet:
source
I have decided to do fake flowers and have my Aunt put them together for me. So I will be going shopping in a few weeks for those. I am not all about the fresh flowers. Just not for me.
Here is a picture of my wedding cake:

It is not going to be exactly like this. I am going to have brown ribbon around the bottom to match the bridesmaid dresses and I am also going to have flowers that match my bouquet in it instead of the pink ones. I haven't decided get if I am going to have a man and a woman on top of the cake or if I should just have my Aunt make another little bouquet for the top of the cake. That is undecided.
A lot of the things in my wedding are going to be a sort of DIY. I am making my own invitations. And instead of doing individual favors I am going to be getting big mouthed jars and bowls and filling them with different candy and leaving those on the tables. This will save me time and money.
So far for the place we want to rent is going to be $200.00 the DJ is going to be $325.00 and we have decided on a buffet style dinner for after the wedding. We are just going to have salads, meatballs, deli meats, cheese and crackers, sausage sandwiches. Just easy normal stuff that we know everyone is going to like.
I have yet to go try on dresses but I have time for that. :) I want to get all of the decorations bought this year so that we can focus on the tuxes and my dress for next year and paying for our location to rent. So this year is all about the decorations and I will take pictures of things that I get so that you all can see it.
You will not believe the amazing deal on some decorations and Thank You note cards and some other things. But that will be for another day. :)
I also am seriously thinking about doing the Christmas Ornaments that I seen on The Indecisive Bride's Blog. So beautiful!.
Anyway, that is enough for tonight. I will try to post back everyday or every other day depending on when I can get the pictures I take uploaded on to my computer. :)
Thank you for reading!

Trisha




4 comments:

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

Congrats on the pending nuptials! thanks for stopping by my blog! I love meeting new brides... especially 2010 brides like myself! :)
RelentlessBride

Mara (The Wedding Cabaret) said...

Congrats on your blog & upcoming nuptials!!

Jess @ Living On Sweet Tea said...

Welcome to the bridal blogging world. I'm having a fall wedding as well, and fake flowers. If you need help or ideas just come on over and take a look.

Confessions of a Northern Belle said...

Congrats on your first wedding blog!!! I look forward to seeing your DIY projects!