Thursday, February 19, 2009

More Awesome Savings.

Yesterday me and my kids and one of my bridesmaids went wedding shopping again. And surprise, I went back to the Dollar Bazaar and I also went to the Dollar Store and got an awesome find!.. But anyway, here is the stuff that I got.

The way that I took the picture of this bowl it looks really small. But really it's not. I'm not sure what to actually call it but it reminds me of one of those glass bowls that you can get to make layered desserts in. It is really deep and very wide across. These were only $3.75 a piece and I ended up getting the 4 that they had. I am not sure what I am going to do with them yet. Maybe get some of the those pebbles and put them in the bottom and some flowers, maybe fill it with water and some floating candles. Not sure, if you have any ideas let me know. :)

I then got these plastic bowls. I am going to use them for either the candy I am getting or maybe nuts? I'm not 100 percent sure on what I am going to put in them. But these will work really well because they are a good size!. Here is another picture of a close up of one, where you can see the design on it, it is very wedding-ish and when you see them in person you can't really tell they are plastic..

And here is the close up of the bowl with the little scroll like work on the side. It reminded me wedding-ish and for only $1.00 a piece who could beat it right?


I then bought this card box for $1.00. I was going to make my own card box with hat boxes but when I seen this I just had to buy it. That means less for me to make. It isn't set up all of the way because I didn't want to accidentally rip it or something taking it back apart. I just took it out of the package and kind of set it up so that you could kind of see what it looked like. I like it and this will save me time in the long run without having to make my own. I will probably get some ribbon and what not to put on it to kind of liven it up a little.

These are the wine/champagne glasses that I got for $1.00 a piece! You are probably thinking that they are really cheap and not sturdy and will break, well, not true! :) These glasses are really thick and very sturdy. My dad is going to etch on the sides of them with every one's names, a symbol that I like and the date of the wedding. When he gets those done I will post a picture of them. But these glasses are SO pretty. I love them. I am thinking of maybe getting some ribbon, charms or something for the bottom of the glasses. But I think after my dad does what I want on them they will look really nice. I only bought 8 and then my mom informed me after I got home that I need 4 more. Two for her and my dad, and Two for Todd's dad and Step mom. I wish she would have told me that. lol


I then got these toothpicks to put at the buffet table and to also put one on each table. I know they do not match what so ever with my fall wedding. lol.. But I know that a lot of people are always looking for toothpicks after they eat so I just bought these. I thought that they were cute with the little fringe stuff at the top.. And they were only $1.00 for the whole box..





And then at the Dollar Store I got my Votive Candle Holders! These were only $1.00 a piece and I got 18. Which is plenty enough to decorate the tables with. I was really excited that they had these. I want to find white candles and put glitter on the candles. I then want to take some ribbon and put them around the top of the Votive Holders. I think they will be really cute!..




Grand Total spent: $57.50 (This total is with the napkins that I got that I didn't take a picture of. They were only $1.25 for a huge bag of them. I am not having decorative napkins.)

Thanks for reading!!

3 comments:

Confessions of a Northern Belle said...

Wow, more great deals!

Bethany said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Looks like you got some great deals! I never thought of going to the dollar store and now I just might have too!

melissa said...

Great finds! Especially the card box. I love getting wedding stuff at $ stores.