Monday, February 16, 2009

DIY Nails

Here is my first DIY project and it is nails. I wanted some nice nails for my wedding but I didn't want to spend 25-45 dollars to get my nails done. So, one day I was watching some YouTube videos and I came across a video for Broadway Nails. You can find the YouTube video HERE. So when I went to Wal Mart on Friday I decided to pick me up a pack of them and try them because they looked really nice on the girl who did the YouTube video. And I have to say I was not disappointed! These nails look and feel like you have just been to a salon and got your nails done by a professional. No kidding! They look awesome. I put these nails on Friday and it is now Monday and they still look like I just put them on. The wear on them is between 7 and 10 days so I would say do them 1 to 2 days before your wedding and they will look awesome.
Here is one picture of the my nails with the Broadway Nails on. (FYI, Broadway is just the brand of the fake fingernails. :)
Aren't they pretty? Nice and shiny and they aren't too long either. That is another thing, when you buy the nails make sure that you get the "Real Short" kind. It says that right in the left hand corner of the package. I can actual still type and do everything else with them on, they do not get in my way what so ever.
The whole package cost my a little under $6.00 and you get the nails, glue, a nail file, and a cuticle pusher. I know that in the YouTube Video that I watched the girl said to put the glue right on the fake nail and then apply the fake nail to your real nail. I did this for 2 of my nails and stopped doing it. The reason for this was that my real nails were shorter than the tan color of the fake nail and I actually put the glue up to high and I glued my skin to the fake nail. So after those 2 nails I then just put 2 drops of glue on my actual nail right in the middle, I then took the tip of the glue and swirled the glue around on my fingernail, all the way to the sides of my nail, all the way to the top of my nail and make sure that you get plenty of glue and that is spread around the whole nail so that you don't get spots that you can see through the fake nail. Then when you go to put the fake nail on push REALLY hard for 10 to 15 seconds. Push as hard as you can stand it. This will get all of the air bubbles out and your nails will look awesome! If you have any questions you can e-mail me or comment on here.
I hope you enjoyed this DIY project. I am really happy with these nails and think they look awesome!
And here is the last picture of my nails that I took:


HERE is the website to check out all of the Broadway nails they have.

2 comments:

AmyJean {Relentless Bride®} said...

Very nice!
RelentlessBride

kadler said...

They look great! Good job.

Your ring is beautiful, too!